4months

Hey everyone. Or actually "Hey myself", since this is more of a diary or a personal log than a platform of communication to the dwellers of Internet. Much has passed since I last posted something here. What's new?

1) NPMSS
Well I'm going to step down from Vice-Presidency of NPMSS this coming 28th...don't know what to feel about that. Relieved? Sad? I don't know actually... it felt like such a blur thinking about my journey with the awesome people of NPMSS but I can't pin point an exact emotion about this coming AGM. Perhaps the day has to come for the emotions and feelings to dawn upon me. *sigh* I don't know. Is it possible to feel everything at once so much so that it overwhelms you and is masked as nothingness?

2) Tests
Common Test was over last Wednesday. That was a disappointment mainly for me. I swear I really tried my best but I have a feeling that the results just won't be good enough. I mean this is the last semester of the second year so I am really hoping to get at least a 3.8GPA this time. I want it so badly but everything seems to go against me. Why? I don't know.

3) Projects
Moving on to the projects that are due as soon as school starts. One of them in Medical BioChemistry while the other is Instrument and Analytical Chemistry. BOTH of them require creating a blog so I shall post the URL here as a form of reminder to my future self :)

What are these projects about?
Well at first, MBC was about Deficiency in Fatty Acid Oxidisation thus we decided to research on Systemic Primary Carnitine Deficiency. What happened in the body is basically the transporter required to move carnitine into the membrane is defective thus the body is unable to utilise Carnitine. However, this deficiency is quite rare and the only 'treatment' available was to flood your body with daily intakes of L-carnitine hoping that at least some of the Carnitine gets into your system. Thus while the scientific material is in abundance, there's nothing much to say about the 'non-scientific' materials such as interviews, newspaper articles and etc. After much discussion with my partner, we then decided on Deficiency in Carbohydrate Metabolism: Lactose Intolerance! So look forward to our research on The Sweet Scientists!
INAC is about either a murder case involving some narcotics or something else so it's still quite tentative.

4) Internship
Last but not least, I have exciting news! I will be interning at University of Liverpool for 4 months! WEEEHEEE *insert Taylor Swift jokes here* It's still quite unbelievable and surreal. I've arranged for accommodations and flight tickets but I still can't fully grasp the reality of me living in Liverpool, UK for 4 months. Wow...I hope I get to do my internship well and learn a lot over there. It will be really beneficial and interesting for me so let's hope everything goes well!

Overall, December proves to be quite an interesting month so far. A lot of things have happened and are happening right now therefore the points mentioned above. Let's hope 2012 ends with a good note and for those who are celebrating Christmas soon, enjoy your holidays :) That's all from me....BYEEE


0 comments:



Post a Comment